Cooking for the (Coronavirus) Apocalypse

3/14/2020 ( Pi day)

On Monday 3/9, I did some supplemental shopping. I was not in panic mode. I had recently decided to pare down food in the fridge freezers and cupboards to streamline household food processing.  I was shopping to supplement what we had at home with some salad greens, Roma tomatoes, toilet paper (because we were low at home), canned diced tomatoes, coconut milk, fresh broccoli, apples...no big buying trip. 

I listened to my intuition on Tuesday March 10 and went shopping for some cheese at another store. I ended up buying 5 bottles of wine, crackers, cheese, frozen asian style dinners w egg rolls, flour, 2 types of pasta, white and red onions, eggs, Greek yogurt, kefir, kringle, chocolate bar w nuts and raisins, chicken breasts, cod, and salmon ?), 2 corned beef, 2 types of chicken sausages,  breakfast sausage, bacon, 

Wednesday I went to Aldi looking for Chevre but came home with 1 box of red wine, eggs, irish cheeses, yogurt, toilet paper, red and yellow bell peppers, gold potatoes, russet potatoes, green cabbage, baby bella mushrooms  turkey and ham lunch meat, kitty litter....

Thursday 3/12 shopping with husband for more kitty litter and cat food. Ended up with beer, beer, beer, a crusty loaf of bread, and 4 bags of flour (2 bags of bread flour,  1 white whole wheat, and 1 whole wheat)...

I AM READY. LET THE Quarantine cooking begin! 

Comments

Popular Posts